[Mdpobc] Question of the day

Wendy Nusbaum wendynusbaum at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 18:33:00 UTC 2013

Trudy
I agree with Karen. Our kids have to be proficient in Braille before audio books become the standard.

With that said now that Chris is in HS he is working from one audio textbook. Mainly because the edition he needed was not available in Braille. I did not fight this because I have been told by college students that they wished they had done more audio learning in HS since many of their textbooks had not been available in Braille.

Basically they have to be good at both but Braille should come first.  Tell them if he is not proficient in Braille he is basically illiterate and they will be responsible for that.

 Wendy