[Mdpobc] more info for Question of the day

Nancy Lentz nlentz74 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 01:24:58 UTC 2013

My student who loves audio books and is not motivated to read braille is
not good at all with spelling or punctuation, although she is a very bright
3rd grader. She is beginning to realize that she doesn't learn those things
by listening.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 5:50 PM, Debbie Brown <deborahb14 at verizon.net>wrote:

> I am teaching two blind students who are bright, like to read braille, and
> have good comprehension.  They both have problems with spelling and
> punctuation.  I think this is because of too much exposure to audio in
> early grades.  That is probably done because schools don't want to spend
> money on braille embossers and braille displays.  When I waas a student, we
> didn't have marked-up DAISY, so we had to take notes on our audiobooks.
>  And, of course, how do you take notes?
>
> Debbie Brown
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kyle Richmond" <
> Kyle.Richmond2009 at comcast.net>

>>> me. Because he says he wants reading to be enjoyable. Excepting all
>>> thoughts
>>> on this.

>>> their concern is slowness and enjoyment the only way to get that is with
>>> repetition.

>>> your account info for Mdpobc:
>>> >
>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/mdpobc_nfbnet.org/
>>> hersteink%40hotmail.com