[Mdpobc] {Disarmed} Openings Camp at Deep Creek Lake July 7-9

Trudy Pickrel tlpickrel at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 16:53:38 UTC 2014

                                                                                                                                                    We have a couple more opening and we are opening it up to 10 yr olds and up.  I also will be picking up at 423 S. Jefferson St, Frederick, MD at 9:30 am Monday. and Dropping off at 6:00 pm Wednesday.  I will be driving a Gray Van that has TLC by the Lake Standard Poodles and Doodles on the door.  We also have a opening for Older students who's parents can not attend.   We were so excited to be offered this opportunity on May 19th when the L  ions Club contacted us.  It was a quick and raped changing, turn around to put the details together for this event.  But we don't want to miss taking full advantage of the possibly one time offer.

Here is the summary of what we will be doing:

General Schedule

Monday -  Noon - Campers arrive. Oak Pavilion at the Deep Creek Lake State
Park.  Inform gate monitor at the park you're with the DCL Lions Club
Blind Camper program so you don't have to pay admission.  Scouts paired
with a Camper. welcome and
dinner (pizza)

Tuesday - all day fun on the lake (tubing,
fishing and general cruising on lake) Kayaking and canoeing also available.
Evening - dinner with Lion's Club at Bumble Bee Road Park (catered dinner, hot
dogs, hamburgers, etc)

Wednesday - fun
on the lake.  afternoon - Mountain Coaster at Wisp, Funland. Campers
depart appx 4pm

There is some down time, but the events
usually flow into each other pretty well.  We have campfires/s’mores in
the evenings. Tents, food and fun will be provided by the Lions club.   Sleeping bags will be provided if requested.

Trudy L. Pickrel
President
Maryland Parents of Blind Children
www.mdparentsofblindchildren.org