[Mdpobc] Molly Burke

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 01:00:30 UTC 2016

Jill:

Thanks for the plug and for the shout-out to us teens! I've seen a few of Molly's videos, and she is awesome! Truly an example of our positive philosophy. BTW, if you like Molly's stuff, you'll probably also like Maureen Bassmaster's BreakingBlind YouTube channel. Maureen is an energetic Federationist from Colorado as well as a teacher at the Colorado Center. She's got a ton of cool videos demonstrating how blind people do a variety of tasks, ranging from travel to daily living to tech. My favorites are her Question & Answer videos, in which she honestly and articulately answers blindness-related questions she gets in the comments for her videos. She has built up a large following in the general public, and her videos could likely serve as a valuable resource for parents and blind kids as well as the sighted public. So, I would encourage to check out BreakingBlind—I think you'll like it!

Chris Nusbaum, resident blind teen

Sent from my iPhone