[Mdpobc] FW: Blind & VI youth skating

nfbmd nfbmd at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 20 13:55:41 UTC 2019

Hello all,
FYI. Read about the opportunity below.

Kid’s Ice Skating

Calling low-vision and blind kids of all ages to come out and learn to skate or practice for FREE

DATE: 	APRIL 7th, 2019
TIME: 		10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
LOCATION: 	Medstar Capitals Iceplex
		627 N Glebe Rd. Unit 800
		Arlington, VA 22203

In partnership with the Washington Blind Hockey Club, the National Federation of the Blind of DC would like to invite all blind and visually impaired children ages 3 to 20 years old to come out to the MedStar Capitals Iceplex on April 7th for a fun day of practicing and learning how to ice skate with our trained mentors and teachers.
This is an entirely FREE event. Ice skates will be provided for those who need them. Bring a bicycle helmet if you have one. Contact Anna Givens (contact below) if you need transportation to or from the event, or if you have any other questions.
All participants must register for the event at: https://dbcblindhockey.sportngin.com/register/form/031318729
Or go to DCBlindHockey.org click on “more”, then “NFB skating” then “Register”.
SPOTS ARE LIMITED! REGISTER NOW! AND SEE YOU THERE!

Anna Givens,
Program Coordinator,
402-817-8934
Annajee82 at gmail.com

Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and Advocacy

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.