[MDPOBC] Gentle Reminder: Make and Take Braille Early Literacy Program

LaShawn Myles -LBPH- lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Fri Mar 6 21:17:33 UTC 2020

*Upcoming Youth Event*

*Please join LBPH as we host several events across the state.  There will
be lots to be learned, enjoyed, and remembered. *

*Make and Take Braille Book*

Location:             Glen Burnie Regional Library

                           1010 Eastway, Glen Burnie, MD 21060

Time:                   *10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.*

Date:                    *Monday, March 9th*

Reading stimulates the imagination, stirs the emotions, and provokes
thought. As many sighted children are exposed to letters, words, and books
each day from a very young age, a child who is blind or visually impaired
should be exposed to braille within his or her environment long before
beginning to read.  Join the youth librarian from The Maryland Library for
the Blind and Physically Handicapped, as we learn helpful early literacy
tips and make an accessible Braille book.  Each family that attends will
receive an assortment of free braille books to encourage early literacy.

--

LaShawn Myles

Youth Services Librarian

Maryland State Library for the Blind and Physically Handicapped

Maryland State Library

415 Park Avenue

Baltimore, Maryland 21201-3603

410-230-2455 <(410)%20230-2454> (office)

410-333-2095 <(410)%20333-2095> (fax)

lashawn.myles at maryland.gov
Click here
<http://www.doit.state.md.us/selectsurvey/TakeSurvey.aspx?agencycode=MSDE&SurveyID=86M2956>
complete a three question customer experience survey.