[MDPOBC] Don't forget the Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children Conference for parents and teachers of blind children November 6 and 7

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com james.garret.mooney at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 19:53:58 UTC 2020

hello all,

We are just one day away from the annual convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of Maryland! The Maryland Organization  of Parents
of Blind Children would like to invite you to attend our annual Conference
for Parents and Teachers of Blind Children. The conference will be  held
over zoom. Whether you are working, taking the dog for a walk, or cooking
breakfast you can take the conference with you.   Some of the topics we will
be covering are:

*	IEP advocacy during COVID-19
*	Summer programs to help your child regain lost instruction due to
COVID-19
*	Services for adult multi disabled children
*	Understanding and overcoming the trauma of COVID-19

Parents will also have the opportunity to network with  others and hear from
our educator of the year. Attached to this email is a complete agenda. The
agenda tells you how to access the conference, register for the conference,
and instructs you on how to become a member. We can't wait to see you all
there!

RAFFLE TO WIN A FREE DINNER

This year MDOPBC is holding a raffle  for a free dinner. If families pay the
$15 membership dues, they will win a free dinner with the NFB of Maryland
president Ronza Offman. The onetime $15 membership Dues will register each
member in your family. To be entered into the raffle you must pay your
membership dues before the end of the conference. Paying your membership
dues will automatically enter you into the raffle and the winner will be
drawn after the  NFB of Maryland convention. If you wish to pay your
membership Dues please visit

https://www.nfbmd.org/dues

If you have any questions about the conference or our raffle please do not
hesitate to contact me. My contact info can be found at the end of this
email. Hope to see you at the convention!

Garret

James G. Mooney

President, Maryland Organization of Parents of Blind Children

(480) 433-8003

james.garret.mooney at gmail.com