[MDPOBC] NFB STEM4U Program

Chrissie Day- cmdayrdh at aol.com
Tue Oct 27 20:45:24 UTC 2020

I already registered both children. Do I need to re-register or do you think this is just a double check?
Smiles, Chrissie Day
Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
 On Tuesday, October 27, 2020, Sharon Maneki via MDPOBC <mdpobc at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hello,
I am sending this on behalf of Lizzie Muhammad. It is a great program and I hope you will participate.

NFB STEM2U

The National Federation of the Blind works to improve opportunities for blind students in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. In NFB STEM2U, we are bringing what we have learned directly to students and families in their homes. Students of varying ages in fifteen states across the country will receive instruction from NFB personnel and expert instructors via the Zoom platform.

Dates and Location

There is one opportunity to attend this program.

   - November 14, 2020 from 2 to 5 p.m. ET

Who Should Attend

This program is designed for blind and low-vision students in grades three to high school level who:

   - Are interested in STEM
   - Are unsure about STEM but interested in a fun program specific to blind students
   - Are in need of hands-on, nonvisual skills training opportunities from blind role models

Agenda

There will be two tracks for the program based on grade and experience—basic and advanced. Each student registered for the 2020 NFB STEM2U program will be sent a box of materials containing everything they need to completely engage with the lesson. After the lesson, state coordinators will connect with the students for additional interaction, in-depth discussion, and an exploration of additional avenues for STEM enrichment and learning. Full agenda coming soon!

Registration

Please use our online application form to register for NFB STEM2U.

Accommodations

This program is designed to include Braille, accessible tools, and digital content. If additional accommodations are needed, please email stem at nfb.org.

Support

Due to the generous donation from General Motors, blind students across the country will learn fundamental nonvisual tools and techniques they can use to pursue further education and careers in STEM. The members of the NFB are extremely grateful for this gift from GM, which will truly help blind students live the lives they want.
Sharon Maneki, Director of Legislation and AdvocacyNational Federation of the Blind of Maryland410-715-9596
The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Everyday we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for MDPOBC:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/mdpobc_nfbnet.org/cmdayrdh%40aol.com