[MDPOBC] External Scholarship Opportunity

president at nfbmd.org president at nfbmd.org
Sun Jan 23 03:26:33 UTC 2022

Friends,

Please find below an announcement about a scholarship being offered by one
of our 2020 and 2021 NFB of Maryland Convention sponsors.  I was asked to
pass this on and was advised students who are blind are eligible, as this is
a civil rights oriented scholarship.  The deadline to apply is January 31,
2022.  I have no further information about this opportunity, so please
direct questions to the point of contact at the bottom of the announcement.

Each year, AdNet offers a $1,000.00 scholarship to college students.  Often,
financial aid can start to dry up along the undergrad and graduate school
journey or life impacts one's ability to pay tuition.  This is when students
with dreams, delay or give up completing school.  Any individual with a
desire to put in the time and sacrifice to receive a college degree,
deserves to finish and often it takes a village to make that happen.  I'm
sure many of us on this email had to apply for financial aid, take on loans
and work their way to finish school.  That experience taught me a great deal
about navigating the education financing system as well as managing money to
make monthly student loan payments.  I only needed to hear one time that I
might have to come home because we could not afford my schooling which
forced me to cast a wider net for grants/loans.

Today marks 11 years that my brother Tommy (Fr. Tom) passed away.  He left
behind a legacy of love across all the congregations and people he was in
service to and believe me, Tommy was truly in service.  He welcomed everyone
at God's table and had a gift for softening the hardest of hearts.

In his memory, AdNet will offer two $1,000 scholarships in 2022 for any
student from a diverse group impacted by discrimination.  A way to build
strength in our youth is through education so they may go on to lead and
make our world a better place. They are our hope for the future.

Please pass this link to anyone you know who meets our eligibility criteria.
https://form.jotform.com/213475876826066?utm_campaign=2021/22+Fr.+Tom+Cerulo
+Memorial+Scholarship

With gratitude,

Betsy Cerulo CEO