[Mn-abs] [Mn-ABS-l] Skype

Jordan Richardson lilrichie411 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 00:16:16 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I hope all of you are doing well.  I take it you have all heard of skype,
the "internet-phone."  Well, as we will be aving weekly conference calls (as
President Kress will explain) we the board find that it would be less
expensive for all of you to use Skype.

In order to use Skype to call a landline or cell phone, you will need a
microphone headset, which you can get at your local Best Buy or other
electronic appliance store.  Then you need to go to www.skype.com and
download Skype and create an account.

In order to use Skype to call a phone you need Skype credit.  To obtain
Skype credit, you can either use a credit card to buy it online from
www.skype.com, or if you do not want to use a credit card, you can purchase
"skype prepaid credit" at your local Wal*Mart for either $10 r $20.  Then
you need to go to www.skype.com and put in the code found on the back of the
card.  Now you are ready to call the conference call number from your
computer.

Skype really is more efficient for two main reasons:
1) a Skype phone call only costs $0.021 per minute
2) with the microphone headset your voice really comes over quite clearly

If you have anymore questions please contact me at:
lilrichie411 at gmail.com
OR
(612) 301-0413

Thank you,

--
Jordan Richardson
2nd Vice President, Minnesota Association of Blind Students
lilrichie411 at gmail.com
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.