[Mn-abs] Still Time for 2013 NFB of Minnesota Scholarships

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Thu Feb 21 03:08:21 UTC 2013

There is still time to apply for our 2013 scholarships.  Attached are two documents that contain information and an application for the state scholarship
program of the National Federation of the Blind of
Minnesota.  Please distribute as widely as possible to legally blind Minnesotans pursuing a post-secondary education.

The application and associated information are made available here as a "PDF" document and a "DOC" Microsoft Word document.  The "PDF"
document is ideal for printing additional paper copies while the Microsoft Word document provides a means to supply information in electronic form which
is
generally easier for those using assistive technology such as screen readers.

If you have any questions about our scholarship program, please contact the scholarship committee chairperson as follows:

Sheila Koenig, State Scholarship Chairperson
e-mail:  shekoenig at comcast.net

or refer to the attached document for additional contact information.  Applications for the Minnesota scholarship program must be received no later than
April 15.

In addition to the two NFB of Minnesota scholarships, our national organization is awarding thirty separate national scholarships with values ranging up to
$12,000.  One application can be used to apply for all of the national scholarships, but the application for the national scholarships is not part of the
attached application for our Minnesota scholarship.  The application process for the national and state scholarships are independent; thus, candidates
must complete and submit applications separately when applying to both scholarship programs.

More information on the national scholarships and the application can be obtained at

http://www.nfb.org/scholarships

Part of the application process for the national scholarships is to be interviewed by the president of our state organization, Jennifer Dunnam.  She can be
contacted by e-mail at

jennifer.dunnam1829 at gmail.com

or reply to this note and I will assist.  Unlike our state application, national scholarship applications must be received by March 31.

If you wish to learn more about how we are changing what it means to be blind, check out our web site at

HTTP://www.NFBMN.ORG

Thank you very much for assisting us to reach perspective blind applicants.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson
NFB of Minnesota Scholarship Committee