[Mn-abs] addressing issues of accessibility on campus

Muzamil Ibrahim ibrah185 at umn.edu
Fri Jan 5 04:02:23 UTC 2018

Hello David,
This is Muzamil Ibrahim. I am blind student at the U of M. I am
working on the project through my Social Justice class, and my
project focusses on improving access to information (especially
around University's library). I recently wrote the letter to the
president Kaler and was invited to discuss issues of accessibilities
around campus library. I accepted the invitation, but I want to first
meet with group of University's blind students to speak together with
them regarding this issue. Do you know if there are any organized
blind students on campus? If you do, can you connect me with them?
This is the beginning of the campaign around accessibilities on
campus, and I extended my invitation to any blind students who is
attending the U of M to join me for this project.  Together with them
, I want to start to talk about areas where we want to see changes or
improvement happen on our campus. We are, indeed, stronger, and
affective when we work together, so, please, join me.
My number is 952 994 0611.
Looking forward to connect, Muzamil.

ibrah185 at umn.edu