[Mn-at-large] Pre-register for Convention by October 13, and other things

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Mon Oct 9 20:33:27 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBMN-News [mailto:nfbmn-news-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Dunnam via NFBMN-News
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2017 1:12 PM
To: nfbmn-news <nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org>
Subject: [Nfbmn-news] Pre-register for Convention by October 13, and other things

October 9, 2017

Dear Minnesota Federationists:

So that we can give accurate counts to the hotel, please submit your convention preregistration as soon as you possibly can but not later than October 13. Remember that you save $5 on the registration price by preregistering. The online convention preregistration, and the printable version you can use if you prefer to send it by mail, are both at this link: http://www.nfbmn.org/convention.html

If you do not preregister for the convention, please still e-mail jwenzel at blindinc.org or call 612-872-0100 to let us know if you are attending the breakfast, lunch, and banquet.

Important Dates Coming Up Soon:

• Tuesday, October 10: 2017 White Cane Safety Awareness Day Celebration at the Minnesota State Capitol
http://msab.msa.state.mn.us/apps/news/article/707907

• Wednesday, October 11: Last day to submit an essay to the Metro Chapter's Essay contest: http://www.nfbmn.org/contest.html

• Wednesday, October 11, 6:30 PM: In-person meeting of Riverbend
Chapter at Pizza Ranch, 	1551 Tullamore Street,  Mankato, MN  56001

•Friday, October 13: Submit convention pre-registration by this date! c

• Monday, October 16, 5:30 PM: Next meeting of board of Directors of BLIND, Inc. http://www.blindinc.org

• Friday, October 20-Sunday, October 22: NFB of Minnesota Annual Convention in Brooklyn Park http://www.nfbmn.org/convention.html

• Saturday, October 28: BLAST (Blindness, Learning and Skills
Training) for children ages 5-13 http://www.nfbmn.org

• Tuesday, November 14, 6:00 PM: Next meeting of Board of Directors of NFB of Minnesota, at our headquarters

• Thursday, December 7: Next meeting of State Rehabilitation Council for the Blind http://mn.gov/deed/job-seekers/blind-visual-impaired/council/

• Monday, January 29, 2018: Great Gathering In, Washington DC https://nfb.org/washington-seminar

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back

http://www.nfbmn.org

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nfbmn

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/nationsblind