[Mn-at-large] Two Pieces of News

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Thu Oct 12 15:34:45 UTC 2017

From: NFBMN-News [mailto:nfbmn-news-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Jennifer Dunnam via NFBMN-News
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 10:31 PM
To: nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbmn-news] Two Pieces of News

Dear Minnesota Federationists,

A couple of items that you'll need to know:

First, Alice Hebert, who has ably served as the treasurer of the NFB of Minnesota for the past three years, will be retiring from her job at AT&T in the coming days. Happily, she will be with us at the convention, but shortly thereafter, she will be moving back to her home state of Louisiana. We knew from the very beginning that Alice's job might require her to move quickly to a different state at any time, and we have been very lucky to have her dedication and hard work in this affiliate for as long as we have. We wish Alice all the best as she embarks on this exciting new chapter in her life. This also means that, in addition to the other positions up for election at this year's annual convention, we will need to elect a new treasurer, to fill the second year of Alice's term.

Additionally, I wish to inform my fellow Federationists that this year, I do not intend to seek the office of president of the National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota. I know it may seem a little perfunctory to be just sending this out by email like this, but there is no doubt that for me to have had the opportunity for these past ten years to serve as president of this wonderful affiliate, with such dedicated members who have worked so long and so effectively to make real improvements for blind people, has been one of the greatest privileges that I will ever have in my life. I thank you. To be clear, though, I am not going anywhere and intend to do everything I can to help move forward the goals of the National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota. I will also be giving my full support and whatever help may be needed to the new president that we will elect at this convention.
In the meantime, I look forward to seeing everyone at the convention. There will be many exciting activities and presentations, and opportunities to get to know each other better in this vibrant and growing organization. More details will be out soon. Don't forget to pre-register!

All my best,
Jennifer