[Mn-at-large] Day 2 Results, Exhibit table at National Convention

NFBMN President via NFBMN-News nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org
Sat May 26 18:21:07 UTC 2018

Hi everyone, Two days now, and a couple more
great responses today: Jennifer W wrote to share
her thoughts on the ideas suggested so far, and
she expressed her support for the golden ticket
idea. She also suggested we look into the idea of
something Minnesota-themed, but said she wasn't
quite sure what that would be. If others have
ideas, we would both love to hear them. Bryce
suggested that we sell either bottles of water or
koozies. For anyone who has been at convention
recently, you know how hard it is to find
good-tasting water. If you have thoughts or
opinions to share, I would appreciate them. There
is no such thing as a bad idea. Remember, we do
best when we can put all our minds to the
problem. I look forward to hearing from you.
Warmly, Ryan -----Original Message----- From:
Ryan Strunk <president at nfbmn.org> Sent:
Wednesday, May 23, 2018 8:09 AM To:
nfbmn-news at nfbnet.org Subject: Exhibit table at
National Convention Greetings, fellow
federationists, I apologize for the brevity of
this post, but I'm writing it on my phone from
the bus to work. At our board meeting in April,
we discussed changing our exhibit table format
this year. Instead of having each chapter and
BLIND Inc. hosting their own fundraiser, and
asking the volunteers working the table to keep
track of half a dozen treasuries, we thought it
would be a better idea to have a single
fundraiser, then share the money out between all
the chapters. The question is: what should we
sell? Food is certainly a possibility—lots of
affiliates do that——but there are also other
options. Years ago, the Wisconsin affiliate sold
envelopes full of tic-tacs, but some of those
envelopes also contained cash prizes. The choices
are unlimited. Unfortunately, our time is not. We
need to make a final decision in the next week in
order to write copy for the exhibitor list. I'm
writing to all of you to solicit ideas. If you
can think of a fundraiser we should host at our
exhibit table this year, please email me at
president at nfbmn.org, and let's discuss. Thank you
for your help, Ryan Strunk, President Sent from a
mobile device, so please forgive the brevity

---
https://www.avg.com