[MN-at-Large] FW: Introducing BLIND Inc.'s Interim Executive Director, Jamie Richey

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Fri Aug 11 00:36:11 UTC 2023

Here is an important update from Ryan Strunk, the chair of the BLIND
Incorporated board.  I apologize that I did not get this out sooner.

Fellow Federationists,

I am delighted to inform you that the board of directors of Blindness:
Learning In New Dimensions Inc. has selected Jamie Richey as the incoming
Interim Executive Director. She will lead our program, assisted by the
board, through BLIND Inc.'s transition period. Her first day in this
position will be August 21.

Please join me in welcoming Jamie to her new role, and make her feel welcome
as she joins us here in Minnesota.

Here is a bit about Jamie in her own words, though I encourage all of you to
take the opportunity to get to know her.

For over twenty years, I have devoted much of my professional life to
improving the lives of blind people across various parts of the vocational
rehabilitation system. I have experience coordinating programs for young
children, youth, and adults, where the programming emphasizes a positive
philosophy of blindness and educates participants on nonvisual skills. In
2000, I was a finalist in the National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska
scholarship program, which kick-started my commitment to promoting
independence and empowerment within the blind community.

I attended the University of Nebraska Lincoln, focusing on elementary
education and ultimately received an Associate's degree of applied sciences.
Later on, I enrolled in several nonprofit management development programs,
and I attained my massage therapy license. I have worked in various
capacities over the years with the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and
Visually Impaired, including as an orientation counselor and blindness
skills instructor. I also support my husband's small business through a
strategic and operational lens.

Outside of work, I serve in various leadership capacities within the
National Federation of the Blind, most notably as the president of the
National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska.

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska, where I love spending time with my husband,
Jeremy, and my incredible four grown children and two grandsons.

I am thrilled to be starting the next part of my journey as the interim
Executive Director of Blindness: Learning In New Dimensions, Inc. I am
deeply motivated by the work our training centers do and am grateful to be a
part of the huge impact we make in offering blind people the opportunity to
pursue their dreams and live the lives they want.

Warmly,

Ryan Strunk, President, Blindness: Learning In New Dimensions, Inc.