[MN-at-Large] Let us know if you can make it for our strategic planning meeting on Saturday, January 20

dandrews920 at comcast.net dandrews920 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 3 23:55:15 UTC 2024

Happy New Year, everyone!

I suspect that you, like me, have had a mix of emotions these past few
weeks: from sadness that BLIND, Inc. paused its services, which impacted our
friends as staff and students; joy during holiday celebrations; and,
depending on your perspective, something between bitter frustration and
jubilant excitement at the arrival of snow!

It's with these emotions, many others, and optimism for the opportunities
we'll have in 2024 that I invite you to join us in-person for our 2024
strategic planning session and bord meeting in just a couple weeks! The
purpose of this meeting is to brainstorm and agree upon our most important
work for the year. Conventions, legislative advocacy, and membership growth
are important; as we do these things, though, what will we do, learn, and
feel? What's worked well in past years that we want to replicate? What do we
want to do differently? And maybe there are a few things that we want to
stop doing so that we can make room for other work. What would make this
affiliate "even better if?" Please bring your ideas and energy into this
intentional space.

As promised, we'll have lunch. So, please complete this registration form
<https://forms.gle/os7WAbV7QUkZjuSZ6>  as soon as possible but no later than
Tuesday, January 16, and include any dietary or access needs for our
meeting.

Saturday, January 20 in-person and following the Metro chapter meeting

*	10am: Metro Chapter Meeting
*	12:15pm or so: Lunch
*	1:30pm: Affiliate strategic planning
*	5pm: Adjourn

Both events will take place in the party room at Five15 on the Park
Apartments, 515 15th Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55454.  The building is less
than two blocks from the Cedar-Riverside Light Rail station on the Blue
Line.

As we announced at the last board meeting, are using this space for the
first time, and don't have the necessary audio equipment to provide an equal
experience for virtual attendees, there won't be an option to participate or
listen by Zoom.

I hope you'll join us.

Rideshare Directions: Note that there is a similar address in Southeast
Minneapolis. Be sure that you choose Five15 on the Park Apartments on 15th
Avenue South.

Transit Directions: Exit the station facing west (toward the front of a
Minneapolis-bound train or the rear of a MOA-bound train). After walking
down an inclined path, turn right to cross a quiet street. Cross one more
street (6th Street), and the building will be about halfway down the block
on your right. There are a few steps and a ramp leading to the front door,
where one of our members will let you in and direct you further.

If you need directions on the day of the event, please call or text Sam Flax
at 917-657-4592.

I look forward to seeing you and hearing your ideas for our work together in
2024!

Please complete the registration form <https://forms.gle/os7WAbV7QUkZjuSZ6>
as soon as possible!

Corbb

Corbb O'Connor (he/him), President

National Federation of the Blind of Minnesota

www.nfbmn.org <http://www.nfbmn.org>  | (612) 872-9363