[musictlk] Broken bass update.

Robert j robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 23 22:26:35 UTC 2009

Hi again folks.
upon taking a closer look.
I still have a slight problem but it was not as catistrofic as I first
thought.
the wires are in takct but the plastic around the jack is broken. I snapped
the plastic such that there are 2 pieces that I was able to push back into
place around the jack and screw the nut back around it. it
Now all I need to find out is if it would be available to just order the
plastic piece that I gues I would call the pick gard. it covers most of the
face of the bass and all of the components are attached to it.
the lengthy description was to make sure I was making myself clear what part
I am talking about.
Does any one have a clew how expensive this part would be to buy. I can
change it myself that is not a problem.
short of buying one, what is the best type of adhesive to glue it all back
together and is that even a viable option.
thanks
Robert