[musictlk] Bass guitar in need of repair.

Andrew English (paper music) data at papermusic.org
Mon Aug 24 14:23:19 UTC 2009

Robert, if you're mechanically inclined, you can order a kit and replace all
the guts inside your bass for less than you payed for it, and it's not too
hard either. Do you know how to solder? Try contacting some bass/guitar
message boards and see what they think. Or, you can just call my favorite
music store, Grandma's. They're very helpful and they know their business
well. www.grandmas.com

Another note,
There is a particular brand of instrument cable that has the business end
angled 90 degrees, and it's braided the entire length of the cord to help
keep it from tangling under your feet while you play. This cable is also
guaranteed for life, so if it ever develops a short or goes bad, they will
replace it for free. It's totally worth the initial investment to not have
to ever pay for a new cable again. Plus, it's the easiest cord I've ever
rolled! It's like having a Craftsman tool for your bass!

-Andy
www.papermusic.org
Music Transcription and Consultation Services