[musictlk] Looking for Bleu Grass songs to practice for local jam.

Robert j robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Thu Feb 19 04:43:02 UTC 2009

 Hi
I play guitar  by ear and have recently gotten involved in an every other
week bleu grass jam.
We just get around a circle and go around the circle and when it gets to
your tern you pick a song to lead and you pick the key you want to do it in.
I play by ear and for the most part have not much trouble following along
but it is not the type of music I am all that fermiliar with.  does any one
have any ideas for finding songs on line. even if I can find the lirics to
some of the old classics like OH Suzzanna or tiny bubbles. or what ever.
We do a combonation of blew grass and old country favorites.
I don't know how to use utube with jaws but i hear that is a good source.
any ideas are welcom.
I am trying to see if any one has any cd's that I can borrow to practice
from but for some reason they just dondon't seem to get what I am asking.
I think they are trying to complicate what I am asking them for.
So I would welcome any and all ideas from any and all angles.
thanks.
Robert.