[musictlk] Old Songs

Kris Hickerson khickerson at charter.net
Thu Jan 15 18:25:14 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good website for old music like stuff out of the 30's,
40's and 50's?

I used to be able to find quite a bit of this stuff on RealPlayer, but now
since they've joined with Rhapsody, I can't find anything much earlier than
the late 60[s.  I did a search on Guy Lombardo and it said no results found.
Now, come on, nothing for Guy Lombardo as many recordings as he made?

Amazon has some of the older stuff and I was able to find a recording of
Dangerous Dan McGrew, but then it isn't the original one as I was looking
for.  This one was recorded with a live audience and the original one was a
studio recording.  Anyway, bottom line is I really like jazz, bigbands and
other music from the 40's and 50's and I feel sure there must be a website
where I can download some of this music.

Any suggestions will be apreciated.

Kris