[musictlk] INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORGAN

Elizabeth Slaughter manutips at paulbunyan.net
Sat Nov 21 16:55:18 UTC 2009

Yes linda, I am certain anita refers to the hammond organ. I own a
hammond, and it's my primary instrument in most churches I have played.
Since anita plays by ear, once she understands how and why drawbars are
set, she may be able to set them without using cards. The music played
at a given moment determines where the drawbars are set, and leaving one
or more in a set position would be horrible. They set the tone voice of
the instrument, and cannot be rigidly applied, and if used properly, are
navigated that is moved, during a song, not just set and left in one
place.

An interesting discussion here, and one rarely brought up, because we
are a special group, we deal with equality, and unfortunately, many
people do not have this opportunity.

Elizabeth slaughter