[musictlk] INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORGAN

Elizabeth Slaughter manutips at paulbunyan.net
Sat Nov 21 16:44:27 UTC 2009

Dear organ lister:

What kind of organ do you play, that is, model? Would you be willing to
receive lessons via e-mail, and what price range would you consider
feasible? I have been playing church organ for more than four decades
and in more than five church denominations. I would be willing to give
you lessons and consultation, and would talk at length off list and
provide my standard student lesson fee. I have also taught piano and
organ instruction, braille music notation and music theory. By the way,
I am totally blind, and have experience in coping with various
situations in many different church and community environments.

In addition to e-mailing, I would be willing to provide information and
lesson outlines in braille. E-mail is a great teaching and learning
tool, but I cannot over stress the importance of utililizing braille in
teaching, learning and using the skill acquired during practice at home,
church rehearsal, and live service and performance.

You sound like a person I would be most anxious to talk with, encourage,
and inspire to enhance your ability and opportunity, as you have a rare
resource that many blind people do not have: a church willing and able
to take the opportunity to allow you to serve them. Let's use that
opportunity to the fullest!

If interested, please contact me:

Elizabeth slaughter

E-mail: