[musictlk] Sadness but not really off topic

Cindy Ray cindyray at qwest.net
Mon Sep 28 02:10:15 UTC 2009

Perhaps all of you knew this before I did; I just learned it when I was
conducting a memorial service at the NFB of Iowa Convention today. I learned
that Julie Vogt passed away a couple of weeks ago. A lonely, yet rather
vibrant blind musician, she had lived a Christian life. She was active in
church, favoring those churches with a more African-American bent, I think.
Sometimes we had E-mail conversations; then we went for long periods
without. She liked to cook ethnic foods (African-American), and she sent me
a method for preparing greens. I think I'll do that in her memory. She was
passionate, probably often misunderstood, and struggling to find exactly
where she could do the most. I learned she had lung cancer at the convention
in July; I am sad to have learned how quickly it took her; yet perhaps this
was more merciful than cruel. I do so wonder if anyone knows how to reach
members of her family that I might express my sadness for them.

Thanks. Sad that such a musical life couldn't stay and bless the world a
little longer.
Cindy Lou Ray

Cindy Lou Ray
Each day is a new adventure