[musictlk] Help With Sonar

Annabelle Susan Morison foristnights at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 06:29:56 UTC 2010

Hi, it's Annabelle.
There are a few things that I need help with in Sonar. The first one I need
help with is Pitch Bend. The MIDI files I make are usually transferred into
Sonar from Sibelius. It seems that in Sibelius, the program only lets me put
in one pitch bend command per note. When I do it the way I usually would,
with the pitch bend wheel, it sounds like two individual notes, rather than
a smooth glide. How would I put pitch bend commands in Sonar so that they're
exactly at the note length that was specified in Sibelius? Is there even a
possibility to quantize pitch bend commands, like you would quantize notes?
Also, another thing I need help with is Vibrato. I tried Channel Aftertouch,
but here's where the problem is. I only want certain notes to have vibrato.
When I put Channel Aftertouch, unfortunately that affects all the notes
instead of just the notes where I want to have vibrato. How do I work around
these? If you have any further information, questions, or suggestions for
me, please feel free to Email me at any time, as I check my Emails several
times each day.
Kind Regards,
Annabelle
 <blocked::mailto:foristnights at comcast.net> foristnights at comcast.net