[musictlk] composition

Andrew English (paper music) data at papermusic.org
Sun Dec 5 23:18:27 UTC 2010

Jorge,
    Generally, the degree in Music Theory & Composition entails the
following requirements: You have to complete the standard core requirements
of the university, you have to complete your piano proficiency requirements,
you have to take several semesters of applied instrumental techniques (to
learn how to play each instrument so that you can effectively write for
them), you have to take conducting and arranging, you have to study acoustic
physics, and you have to produce recitals each semester. It can be quite
challenging, but it's a wonderful journey!
    Feel free to e-mail me off-list at info at papermusic.org if you have
specific questions.
    Thanks!
    Andy English
www.papermusic.org
Music Transcription and Consultation Services