[musictlk] finding my vocal mic hands free

Robert j robertjmoore at embarqmail.com
Thu Feb 4 18:34:17 UTC 2010

Hi
I play bass in a band and also do harmony vocals.
We have not started doing gigs yet and I want to know what is the best
technique for making sure I am singing directly into my microphone. as i
said I play bass so I can not hold onto my mic. I would like to get a
wireless microphone head set but unless any one would like to donate one
that is not an option yet. I do have my mic stand on a piece of plywood
which helps me not wonnder away from my mic so I can reach up and locate it
rather easy between songs but the other day I was singing at practice and
was told I was singing kind of off to the side of the mic.
I have seen a bracket that goes around your neck to hold a harmonica and was
wondering if there is any such gadget for holding a microphone.

I would sure hate to sing some killer harmonies and not be heard. but on the
other hand I suppose that would not be as bad as singing like crap and
actually being heard. Ha Ha
Robert