[musictlk] Dealing with DVD project

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:11:21 UTC 2010

Hi, Winny.  This is Beth Taurasi.  I'm a former music student at
Florida State University.  We watched a DVD or two in my music
history class, and people actually described the DVD to me, but
we didn't really pay too much attentio nto the words so much as
the music was concerned.  We paid attention to the virtuosity of
the vocalists in opera and the different time periods and so on.
As for your situations, I'd suggest you talk to the professor
about modifying the assignment.  I got a D in choral
communications because of observations I couldn't do.  Yes, there
are things you hear when you observe things, you still have to
see things.  So I am not happy with the way I was expected to
observe stuff in that class.  Anyway, concerning your situation,
I'd really be proactive and talk with the prof about the DVD's
and stuff.  Tell him/
her about your situation and if you need to, I'll vouch for you.
Take care,
Beth