[musictlk] [cross-posted] Fulbright-mtvU International Scholarships - Musicians apply by March 1

Dancing Dots billlist1 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 6 13:39:24 UTC 2010

Hi,

Who wants to propose an international project to study the development and
application of music technology for the blind and visually impaired?  OK,
just one idea!  :)

I hope that some of you may apply and win one of these scholarships.  I am
passing the information below on in that hope but please refer to the
website and related links referenced for further information as I myself
really do not know any more about this program than you do.  I presume that
applicants must be U.S. citizens.

Here's a brief description and the URL for further information :

Musicians, especially those who are graduating college seniors, are
encouraged to apply for these international scholarships.

The mtvU competition deadline is March 1, 2010.

Up to four awards will be available to pursue projects around an aspect of
international contemporary or popular music as a cultural force for
expression.  Preference will be given to creative projects that are conveyed
in a dynamic fashion and are accompanied by a feasible plan.  In addition to
presenting unique projects on music as a global force for mutual
understanding, applicants must submit a Documentation and Outreach Plan
describing how they intend to share their activities with their peers during
their Fulbright year abroad through mtvU print, broadcast and/or online
mediums.

People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Learn more about the
Fulbright Program here.

http://www.miusa.org/ncde/ncdenewsevents/mtvfulbright/

Regards,
Bill