[musictlk] traditional instruments

joe bollard joebollard2 at eircom.net
Fri Jan 15 20:47:45 UTC 2010

hello sherry, yes, we do use traditional irish instruments in our church,
though i don't play any, i accompany them on the organ, we have a very good
mandoline player, and a passable flute player we get quite a good sound
together, i have a special ear for celtic music, both scottish and irish,
our choir sing hymns in irish, and the allen organ i play has quite a good
flute tab, it's amazing what one can do with this set up, i also like new
age  music, i like to dooddle during the quiet passages of our services, i'm
pleased to hear that you play the bodhran , where would you use it, enough
of my irish prattle, and thanks again for the swahili material, i got our
choir sounding like something from sueto at practise on tuesday evening,
regards from ireland, joe.