[musictlk] dancing in big musical numbers!

Dr. Sheri Wells-Jensen swellsj at bgsu.edu
Tue Jan 26 02:56:40 UTC 2010

Thanks, Jessica,

It is all going extraordinarily well now that we have gotten
ourselves past their first objections.    I'm sewing a little extra
pocket into my Person of Oz get-up for my cane ... just in case
I  need it.  I don't think there's much chance of getting seriously
turned around with an entire orchestra right there serving as  a
directional cue, but I do want to be able to catch the off-stage
steps with a cane rather than with my foot as we scamper off.  My
current approach is to skip to a point that's about three or four
steps away from the edge of the stage, then whip out my cane for the
last bit.  I'm doing a couple entrances on my own and a couple
touching another dancer:  my plan is to take a guide when we're
supposed to be snaking around in a line (no way to predict or hear
where the person in front of me will
go exactly) and either use a cane or just go  for it when I don't
have to worry about that sort of thing.
My weekend project will be spray painting a telescoping cane
green.  Don't you'all suppose that blind people of Oz have green
canes rather than white ones?

Ho ho ho and a ha ha ha,... and a couple of tra la la's,

Sheri