[musictlk] sight-reading

humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Sat Apr 16 23:13:29 UTC 2011

Hello listers:
I'm here again with yet another question. Is it possible for a
blind musician to sight-read music? If so, how is it done? Is it
possible to use Braille music for sight-reading or what are other
techniques or ways to work around the sight-reading? Or yet more
applicable, hand-reading, since we don't use sight to read? What
is one, if any, equivalence that exists for blind people to
sight-read? I will be willing to discuss this issue more with
this list. Any thoughts, comments, concerns, questions,
resources, or ideas on this matter?