[musictlk] sight-reading

Aubrie Lucas aubielynn at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 23:19:22 UTC 2011

I've found that sight-singing works well. I've used this for All-State
auditions. It works like this:
You are given a couple minutes to just read through the music. After this,
you can hum it or something. Lastly, you study it for a few more seconds and
then play it to the best of your ability.
When I'm not sight-reading for an audition, I simply whistle or hum
(quietly) the music to myself. It really helps with memorization!
Hope this helps.
Aubrie