[musictlk] Braille music and rhythm

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:35:53 UTC 2011

Hi everyone.

I have a question about reading and counting rhythms with braille
music.  In our musicianship classes, we are currently working on the
chapters with very small rhythmic values.  I have done pretty well so
far at reading and counting the rhythms if I speak the beats as I'm
reading.  But now I'm really having difficulties.  Braille music is
weird when it comes to grouping(well, it is a little weird to begin
with, but...)  Anyway, it's hard for me to figure out the groupings at
first glance, and it is also very difficult to find the beats.  I am a
voice major, so chances are I won't encounter rhythms like this very
often, but I still need to know how to read them and figure them out
quickly.  Any suggestions?

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, participating member in Opera

life."
John 3:16