[musictlk] Price rate for commercial jingle

Brad Dunsé lists at braddunsemusic.com
Fri Dec 2 19:35:30 UTC 2011

Here's what I'd consider:

A. If I weren't desperate for the money,
you  know survival stuff,  I would consider the
tax write off donation. However, do realize they
will need to claim that as a form of income of
sorts on their tax forms, so there is that side
of the coin but they are use to donations as long
as they are reasonable.  The gov will only allow
reasonable too. Funny, the gov can spend
thousands for toilet seats and hammers out on
the  east coast, but we're not to charge too much
for NFP donations :). I digress. But it would be
a good thing to do since they are NFP. Perhaps in
lieu of payment get the tax write off, and some
PR stuff like mention on their web page, a
written review or testimonial for you to put on
your web page maybe. It would be a niuce resume
addition too for a state-wide jingle.

B. If you wanted to go the fee route, you could
estimate how long it wil take you,  figure up
your normal rate, and see if it sounds
reasonable. Billable hours are not always the
time one spends on a project, especially if it is something new.

Brad

On 12/2/2011  12:25 PM Ed Worrell said...