[musictlk] Problems with YouTube Videos

Sean s.p.lundy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 00:36:18 UTC 2011

When videos keep stopping and starting it means that they need to buffer
because your internet connection is relatively slow. If getting a faster
connection isn't an option, you can still eliminate or minimize this by
pausing the video when it first starts and waiting for a while before you
hit Play again. How long you have to wait will depend on how slow your
connection speed is, how long the video is, and how many graphics the video
has. I used to have a 256kps connection (very slow compared to what's
available now). For an average video I would have to pause the video for at
least as long as the length of the video. For example, for a five-minute
video, I would pause it at the
very beginning and wait for at least five minutes before I hit Play. This
was usually enough time for the video to have loaded enough so that it
wouldn't have to stop anymore during playback.

Sean