[musictlk] A Novice Looking for Advice

Dancing Dots billlist1 at comcast.net
Thu Jan 13 14:31:50 UTC 2011

Hello, Sean,

All of those things that you were told are true in that they describe ideal
conditions for audio production.  We know that when we sell customers an
accessible audio production workstation PC along with the software and
hardware peripherals required, it will work for them without  doubt.  When
customers install SONAR on their own machine which may be configured to run
lots of background processes in Windows and may have potential internal
resource conflicts, we cannot predict with absolute certainty that you will
have no problems recording multiple tracks of audio with SONAR.

That being said, many of our customers do run SONAR on machines which they
use for other purposes.  I am suggesting that you can try recording on the
machine which you already have provided that machine  meets or exceeds
Cakewalk's "recommended" system requirements.  But I definitely cannot
guarantee you that everything will work smoothly.  That is, you may find
that you hear an occasional pop or click on the audio tracks you record in
SONAR.  You may find that if a particular recording project uses multiple
tracks of audio that SONAR may even "drop out" while you are recording.
That means that SONAR gets overloaded or Windows gets so busy in the
background that SONAR has to stop recording.  On the other hand, you may
find that for what you are trying to accomplish, that is, creating demos,
this set-up with SONAR, CakeTalking and an economically priced audio
interface, works just fine.

BTW, I plan to call you back soon.

Regards,
Bill