[musictlk] My new album is now available!

Johnny Russo johnnyrusso at windstream.net
Tue Mar 1 06:42:05 UTC 2011

Penny,
	Hello from John Russo, who interviewed you for my thesis.  Nice to
find you on music talk.  My stand alone, digital multi-track system does
require a lot of sighted assistance, without which, I can't run it.  I have
heard of a couple of expensive software programs that work with Jaws, that
enable a blind person to record using their PC, however, several blind
people I've talked with, say Jaws still crashes, resulting in a loss of
unsaved music during recording sessions.  I have recently switched away from
Jaws, to System Access.  It is only $499, and no SMA's, all upgrades are
free, and sent through the internet, similar to windows updates.  The CEO of
Serotek, Mike Calvo, who is blind himself, is working closely with a
software for recording music called Reaper.  It is only $60, and I hear it
works very well with System Access, and Mike Calvo is working very closely
with the developer of Reaper, to improve accessibility.  Busy with college,
I haven't tried it yet, but intend to.

John Russo