[musictlk] Accessible Mapping Editor

Annabelle Susan Morison foristnights at comcast.net
Fri Mar 11 04:36:01 UTC 2011

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I love to make virtual instruments and sample libraries of all kinds, and
since my career will be based around making virtual instruments and sample
libraries,
I'd like to find out, how would a blind person like me make virtual
instruments in Kontakt? In other words, how would I be able to drag all the
samples
of any instrument into the Kontakt interface, then map each note across an
entire keyboard? Also, how would I save the finished instrument as an .nki,
.nkb, or .nkm file? Would I have to have help from someone who can
> see? On some of the buttons and controls in Kontakt, JAWS 10.0 has a hard
time reading the screens. Since a lot of the buttons and controls are based
on bitmap images rather than text, I'm beginning to realize that JAWS
doesn't have the ability to read Bitmap image-based buttons and controls.
So, I was
wondering if there's a specific Key Mapping Editor that would be accessible
with JAWS? I would try Keymap Pro, but unfortunately I just found out that
it only works on a Mac. Is there a Key Mapping editor similar to it, that
would work on a PC? If so, which one? Will it cost me anything? If so, how
much?