[musictlk] Summer 2011: Braille Music Camp at the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind [cross-posted]

Bill billlist1 at comcast.net
Fri May 27 18:11:39 UTC 2011

Please pass on as appropriate.  Contact Leslie Costello of the Florida
School for the Deaf and Blind using her costellol at fsdb.k12.fl.us E-mail
address.  I myself have no further information than that given below in her
announcement.

For students in Florida, this summer program should be an excellent
opportunity for those interested to learn to read braille music.

Here is the text of the announcement:

***

We are hosting our first Summer Music Program at the Florida School for the
Deaf and the Blind from June 26-July 1.  The camp will run concurrently with
the Performing Arts camp and the Production Arts camp, all of which will
work together at certain points and culminate with a Performance Showcase on
the last day.  During the day, students ages 10-17 will have sessions in
Braille Music and musicianship, Production Arts, Jam Sessions and Ensemble
work.  Other sessions will provide for an introduction to Dance, Theatre,
and Photography for the Blind.  Evenings will allow for joint recreational
activities.  To fill out an application, please visit www.fsdb.k12.fl.us, or
for more information contact me at costellol at fsdb.k12.fl.us

http://teachers.fsdb.k12.fl.us/~costellol/

***