[musictlk] [Bulk] Guitars - Difference In Tone?

Michael bonsai1b at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 26 20:10:45 UTC 2011

Good morning Annabelle,
I follow and play several arrangements by a guy on youtube called
troubleclef.  He plays a Taylor NS54-C classical guitar and a Martin 000-17S
acoustic guitar.  You can put "troubleclef taylor ns54-c  or troubleclef
martin 000-17s" in the search box and you can hear the same guitarist
playing a nylon string and then a steel string guitar.  I play this Martin
guitar and it is a very rich toned acoustic guitar.

Also the wood composition of the guitar dramatically affects the tone of the
guitar.  In the case of the Martin above, it is a solid mahogany body
guitar.

Hope this helps.
Michael