[musictlk] question about saxophone

Nimer M. Jaber, IC³ nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:54:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

First, I also have a ligature with the two screws you tighten. If it's
too tight on that mouth piece, maybe you could look at getting a
bigger one? Or maybe longer screws?

Generally, I play on a reed for four to five hours or until I can
notice it going bad or my playing being affected. I don't altenate,
but I always have spare reeds around. If you don't have a compartment
in your case for them, you should at least keep them in the case they
come in to keep them more protected. Also, if you want reeds that last
longer, maybe take a look at plastic reeds. I played with them a
couple of times. They alter sound a little bit, and I prefer wooden
reeds, but the plastic ones last a lot longer.

Thanks.

--
Nimer M. Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was sent.
If you believe that you are not the intended recipient, please notify
me via reply email and destroy all copies of this email. Action taken
as a result of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient
may result in civil or criminal action. I have checked all files on my
machine for security threats. However, I will not be held responsible
for any damage caused to your machine as a result of any instructions
or attachments provided by me. Security of your machine is up to you.
Thanks, and if you don't feel that you are able to comply with these
instructions, please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies
of this email from your computer.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/
Vinux testing and documentation coordinator
To get more information about a free and accessible operating system,
please click here:
http://www.vinuxproject.org

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

Check out my blog related to technology by clicking here:
http://nimertech.blogspot.com

Phone: (720) (251-4530)
Please reply to this email to contact me.