[musictlk] royalty question

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sat Sep 10 17:57:40 UTC 2011

Also ASCAP does show songs with other PRO orgs if they were
co-written with an ASCAP writer. You can search at the below link .
When I went on it a disclaimor screen popped up that wouldn't pull
screen reader focus by default and had to Jaws click it. Flick the
checkbox and you ought be able to search. I'm sure BMI has the same
if you look. If you're looking for someone, like someone across town
that rote a song that may not be affiliated with  a PRO, then you'll
have to Google or ask around or etc. Again though if this is a "venue
homework assignment" given you they will get nowhere having you find
an artist for purposes of paying that artist, they will however gain
the atentions of a local ASCAP rep for licensure to play music in
their establishment.

Here's ASCAP's Ace search page

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?mode=search
HTH