[musictlk] Accessible Tuners?

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 26 22:28:45 UTC 2012

Brandon,
    You can tune any instrument with the tuner. It is not instrument
specific. It will show you the note, e.g., A2 and the whether it is flat or
sharp. This, of course is the display on the screen. When the instrument is
on-pitch, it will chime. It does have a audible C note to give you a
starting point. I lower my string below the pitch desired and raise it until
the tuner chimes. You want to do this with a stringed instrument, as
bringing the string down to pitch will cause it to become out of tune
quickly as it relaxes. Stringed instruments should always be tuned by
bringing the sstring up to pitch rather than down.

Fraternally yours,
Marion