[musictlk] Accessible Music Production Software

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Mon Jul 30 22:17:11 UTC 2012

Pro tools on the mac is great for audio work. however, the midi event
list editor is not accessible at the present time. Many plugs can be
used via a control surface. Pro tools version 9 is the best choice for
now as the new Avid plug in format in version 10 has accessibility
issues at the present time.

Sonar studio or producer 8.53 with jaws, hot spot clicker, and the
free jSonar scripts or the cakeTalking scripts is the way to go on the
windows side.

I use a mix of both programs on a mac book pro and mac pro desktop
machine using bootcamp with mac OSX on one side and windows seven
ultimate 64 bit on the other. it works very well and I suggest this
setup for my students and clients I put together home studio packages
for.

For either program, a control surface is a great help. The Mackie
control Universal pro is a great choice and will work with both DAWs.

Cameron.