[musictlk] Hadley Music Courses

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Sat Jun 2 04:57:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a friend who teaches at Hadley. I asked her about music
courses. Following is her reply:

hadley now teaches "Braille Music Basics." It is designed for sighted
individuals who are interested in learning the bare bones of
transcribing music. There is a diagnostic test to take to see if you
know some uncontracted braille and notes, rests, and key signatures
kinds of stuff.

In a few months, we will offer "Braille Music Reading." That one will
be designed for braille readers who sing or play and want to learn to
read music.