[musictlk] Piano improvisation tips

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:34:10 UTC 2012

Hello,
Take music theory!!!
The pentatonic and blues scales are all improvisational scales and anything
sounds good in those. But yes, everyone has their favorite scales and
chords.
But in general 1 4 5 6 1 in different orders will keep one pretty safe as
90% of pop artists have found :)...
And try to head for chord tones when you change chords.
Thanks and if you want to learn lots more, take a music theory class! :)

Brandon Keith Biggs