[musictlk] Trouble with Chet Atkins guitar chords

Kirk Reiser kirk at reisers.ca
Fri May 11 11:14:43 UTC 2012

Learning to alternate your bass while playing chords takes a lot of
practice.  There are lots of tutorials you can get from either
Homespun or the Stefan Grossman guitar workshop that cover the topic.
A lot of these tutorials are available from the NLS so you don't even
need to purchase them if money is an issue.  Another good resource is
Fred Sokolow music but you'd probably need to buy those although they
aren't much money really.

Good luck, learning to play fingerstyle is the most enjoyable way to play guitar there is in my opinion.
   Kirk

On Thu, 10 May 2012, Joshua Lester wrote:

> When he'd play the melody, he could play it, as well as keeping the
> rhythm going.
> I don't know how to do those complicated leads, on the acoustic.
> Thanks, Joshua
>
> On 5/10/12, Michael <bonsai1b at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>> Which chords specifically are you talking about Joshua?  Chet, along with
>> other fingerstylists, play drop two chords a lot of the time.  These chord
>> shapes are different from classic chords taught by most teachers but enable
>>
>> you to more easily incorporate the melody into the arrangement.
>>
>> Michael

Well that's it then, colour me gone!