[musictlk] Making music accessible as brf and mp3 - PLEASE HELP

kwakmiso at aol.com kwakmiso at aol.com
Wed Sep 26 01:49:18 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am a high school student playing the flute at a high level (as a high
school student).
Although I learned braille music when I was young, I got used to
learning my music just by ear.
Once I got involved in the wind ensemble, however, I felt the need to
actually read the music along listening to my part specifically.
Thankfully, I was connected with a teacher at Ohio State School for the
Blind.
If I send scanned copy of my part, he would braille the music as a brf
file and create mp3 recordings of my part at both normal tempo and
slower tempo. (computer generated)
I was able to learn music by reading the brf and listening to those
recordings.
Unfortunately, the teacher notified me that he is no longer able to
help me making the musics accessible for me.
As a new school year just began, I am in need to learn a bunch of new
musics.
Could anyone recommend someone who could create brf file along with mp3
recordings of the music?
Any other solution?
The wind ensemble is playing musics like Armenian Dances and La Fiesta
de Mexicano. I think having my parts brailled is imperative.
Please help me.
Miso Kwak