[musictlk] Should I do this?

blake blakentracy at live.com
Wed Aug 21 00:08:51 UTC 2013

Hello all:

I have been looking for a way to connect a piano keyboard to my computer
so I can record it. For some reason, I can't enjoy just playing music
for myself. I have to either play for someone, or record it and hear it
myself later when I don't have to concentrate hard on the notes. My mom
and I asked a worker at guitar center for advice. He sold us a cord that
was about $7 and told us to plug it into a jack in my keyboard and I
think the microphone jack in my computer. We tried every jack in my
keyboard and my headphone and mic jacks in computer. Obviously the cord
does not work. I am a senior in highschool, but want to play music on
the side as a hobby. My question is, is it worth it to work somewhere
this year and save money to buy myself a midi keyboard, which sound
tempting, but I know I have to consider whether it's what I want since
I've never seen one, and a major thing, accessibility.